The Master’s Degree Program “Management and Socialization of Cultural Heritage” aims at building on the basic qualification skills of specialists in the fields of humanitarian and social sciences with knowledge and experience for an increasingly important sphere of culture and economy – the cultural heritage.
The program is designed as a combination of two types of courses. On the one hand, it offers general disciplines, which would form knowledge, understanding and capacity for learning in the broad field of cultural heritage: archaeological and architectural heritage, museums, galleries and plastic arts, ethnographic reserves, industrial and landscaping heritage. An essential part comprises the second group of disciplines. They are mainly with practical realization and introduce the legal, economic, organizational and communication aspects of the management of cultural objects. The Master Program is suitable both for students coming from undergraduate programs and for practitioners with some experience in this area.
A main objective of the program is to provide opportunities to specialists with a broad educational background to acquire professional capacity for realization in a specialized sphere, which requires professionals with wide knowledge but with specific skills on clear-cut subject matters.
The learning processes are directed towards concrete professional practices, which form knowledge, skills and competences in the following areas:
• Structure and function of state and municipal cultural institutions, regulations and institutional practices related to cultural heritage;
• Means and types for financial maintainance of cultural heritage;
• Laws and regulations related to cultural heritage;
• Elaboration, preparation and management of cultural projects related to cultural heritage;
• Monitoring and evaluation of cultural projects related to cultural heritage;
• Developing proposals for conservation strategies, socialization, and use of cultural heritage;
• Presentation of the national cultural heritage within international context;
• Cultural tourism related to cultural heritage;
• Cultural policies related to cultural heritage;
• Analysis and expert reports in cultural heritage;
• Developing team work abilities in the spirit of professional ethics;