2024 Conference Internship
Arts Administration Internship at AAAE
AAAE seeks applicants for our Arts Administration Internship to join our small but dynamic staff virtually and partly in-person during AAAE’s 45th conference in Puerto Rico on 23-26, May 2024. The Arts Administration internship will offer a broad introduction to various aspects of our work in arts management including event planning, membership outreach, audience development, social media communications, and more.
- Be enrolled in an arts administration program (Undergraduate or Graduate)
- Current AAAE Student Member or enrolled in an AAAE Member program
- Be available to support the preparation and implementation of the 2024 Annual Conference, taking place 24-25 May. Conference attendance is not required but preferred.
- Willing and able to commit 10 hours/week to AAAE, with more hours expected during the weeks preceding the annual conference, and the actual conference.
- Basic design skills and familiarity with Canva or Adobe Photoshop
- Fluency in Spanish is preferred.
We expect that the successful candidate will be available to collaborate remotely, starting during the week of March 18th and concluding on June 7th, 2024, for an average of 10 hours a week. The intern is expected to commit to more hours during May 19th – May 26th.
Responsibilities include but are not limited to:
- Coordinating the Call for Student Representative at The Arts Education Partnership Advisory Council
- Promoting the Professional Development Series, designed for AAAE members
- Facilitating a speed-networking during the 2024 Annual Conference, and a Mentoring program and/or other in-person events.
- Maintaining AAAE’s social media channels
What do we offer?
We anticipate that working with AAAE will be rewarding for creative and motivated rising professionals with a penchant for arts and understanding of the role of arts administration for nurturing a thriving art sector.
More specifically, we offer:
- $1,000 stipend
- Complementary membership for one year following the completion of the internship
- Complementary conference registration
- Internship credit is available upon request
- Flexible schedule
- Connections to a robust network of professional contacts in the field
To apply, please send a resume and cover letter to Dani Wyatt, at [email protected]. In your cover letter, please address your specific interest in arts administration and/or arts administration education.
Deadline: Monday, February 26, 2024 by 11:59 pm Eastern Time