The arts management minor at Converse College seeks to prepare students to lead and manage arts and cultural organizations. All students will gain professional experience through a required internship.
Upon completion of the Arts Management minor, students will have:
• A basic knowledge of visual art, theatre, music and dance
• A foundation in management and leadership of arts organizations, including board management and development
• Skills in fundraising, including grant writing
• Skills in program management
• An understanding of the fundamentals of marketing
• An understanding of current issues and emerging trends in technology, arts and cultural policy
The arts management minor requires 21 credit hours. In addition to required arts management courses including Arts Management & Organizational Structure, Arts Leadership & Program Development, and a Professional Internship in Arts Management, students must choose from approved course options in Accounting or Marketing as well as approved courses from diverse disciplines across the School of the Arts.
The Arts Management Minor is open to all undergraduate students.