As arts organizations become increasingly complex, they will demand knowledgeable, skilled individuals who possess:
Designed primarily, but not exclusively, for students in the performing and visual arts, the minor in Arts Administration will complement student’s training as artists, teachers, and practitioners, and help lay the foundation for their future participation in arts organizations either as leaders or as participants and supporters.
- Provide skilled individuals for the expanding arts/nonprofit sector whose increasingly complex institutions demand higher levels of sophistication and knowledge from their administrators.
- Promote the interdisciplinary nature of the arts and sciences.
- Encourage students to learn as they work and work as they learn. Through experiential learning opportunities, students will combine academic coursework and hands-on, relevant extra-curricular opportunities on campus and in the community to become qualified to work in such areas as marketing, fundraising, operations, and general arts management.
- Build relevant, transferable management and leadership skills for social service agencies, educational institutions, commercial arts industries, and other for-profit and non-profit organizations.
- Expose students to issues of arts policy, cultural management, emerging technologies, and leadership and organizational development.
Winona State University
175 West Mark Street
Winona, MN 55987
Email: [email protected]