Call for Applications – Arts Administration Internship at AAAE
Arts Administration Internship at AAAE
AAAE seeks applicants for our Arts Administration Internship to join our small but dynamic staff virtually and partly in-person (if based in New York City) April-June, 2023. The Arts Administration Internship will offer a broad introduction to various aspects of our work in arts management including event planning, membership outreach, audience development, communications planning, and more.
- Be enrolled in an arts administration program (Undergraduate or Graduate)
- Current AAAE Student Member or enrolled in an AAAE institutional member program
- Willing and able to commit 10 hours/week to AAAE
- Be available to support the preparation and implementation of the 2023 Annual Conference, taking place 1-4 June
We expect that the successful candidate will be available to collaborate remotely or in-person for approximately ten weeks, starting in early April, and concluding in early June, 2023 for 10 hours a week. Start and end dates will be mutually agreed upon between the intern and AAAE.
Responsibilities include but are not limited to:
- Coordinating the Call for Student Representative at The Arts Education Partnership Advisory Council
- Promoting the Professional Development Series, designed for AAAE members
- Facilitating a Mentorship week during the 2023 Annual Conference, and a Mentoring program and other in-person events during the conference if based in New York.
- Maintaining AAAE’s social media channels
What do we offer?
We anticipate that working with AAAE will be rewarding for creative and motivated rising professionals with a penchant for arts and understanding of the role of arts administration for nurturing a thriving art sector.
More specifically, we offer:
- $1,000 stipend
- Complementary membership for one year following the completion of the internship
- Complementary conference registration
- Internship credit is available upon request
- Flexible schedule
- Connections to a robust network of professional contacts in the field
To apply, please send a resume and cover letter to Haley Carlson, at [email protected]. In your cover letter, please address your specific interest in arts administration and/or arts administration education.
Deadline: Monday, February 27, 2023 by midnight eastern time