Sponsored by: Jim O’Connell
Eligibility & Guidelines:
The prize is open to both graduate, undergraduate students and recent graduates in arts administration and adjacent disciplines. The recipient of the prize will be announced at the AAAE’s conference in San Juan, and they will receive a $500 cash award. Attendance at the conference isn’t required but the winner will be welcome to present at the Conference. If they elect to do so, AAAE will waive the conference registration fee. While the organizer cannot guarantee funding for travel and accommodation, we will do their best to provide access to scholarship resources. In addition, the winner’s and finalist’s papers will be reviewed for publication by partnering journals.
- Only current members are eligible for the prize.
- Papers must be authored by current students or recent graduates (no more than two semesters from graduation).
- Papers written during Fall 2023, Winter Intersession 2023-2024, and Spring 2024 semesters are eligible, including papers written in earlier semesters throughout the calendar year 2023.
- Papers must be a minimum of 2000 words and must not exceed 8000 words.
- Papers must be double-spaced, written in Times New Roman, with a font size of 12 pt.
- A resume or a CV.
- Reference: Candidates must include contact information for one arts administration educator who could speak to their academic work. Following the evaluation process, we will reach out to finalists' references.
- Applications must be submitted by Monday, April 1, 2024
To submit please follow the instructions and submit your application HERE.