Director of Communications
Director of Communications
Mar 31, 2017
|POSITION: Director of Communications
DEPARTMENT: Public Relations
Lincoln Center for the Performing Arts serves three primary roles: it is the world‰Ûªs leading presenter of superb artistic programming, is a national leader in arts and education and community relations, and functions as the manager of the Lincoln Center campus. LCPA presents over 350 performances annually throughout our different performance series including American Songbook, Great Performers, Live from Lincoln Center, Lincoln Center Festival, Mostly Mozart Festival, Midsummer Night Swing, Lincoln Center Out of Doors and White Light Festival.
In addition, LCPA supports an array of programs for Lincoln Center Education including its community and family programming. Further, LCPA supports initiatives related to events at the David Rubenstein Atrium, LC Kids, as well as numerous key institutional initiatives.
Reporting to the Chief Communications Officer, the Director of Communications has an active role in managing various facets of the work of the Lincoln Center Communications Department, including public relations, social media, content strategy and collaboration.
Specific responsibilities include:
- Manage publicity for high profile programs and series.
- Help develop and oversee LCPA‰Ûªs overall communications strategy, including public relations, social media and content concerning our events, initiatives and programs.
- Assist with developing opportunistic and cyclical media ideas, plans and concepts for specific series, institutional programs and initiatives.
- Write and edit press materials.
- Secure placement in print, television, radio, as well as digital and social media, and secure reviewers.
- Serve as support for crisis management issues that arise, tactfully and expeditiously providing both direction and resolution.
- Work closely with Chief Communications Officer to generate and implement new content ideas for Lincoln Centers social media accounts and websites.
- Manage and foster professional growth of communications employees.
- Establish specific, realistic goals for social media campaigns (e.g. drive ticket sales, expand reach and increase engagement); develop and execute social media campaigns to support said goals.
- Assign and oversee content updates that are posted on Lincoln Center‰Ûªs main social media channels.
- Proactively coordinate and collaborate with the other internal teams including editorial, marketing and digital on a variety of matters that intersect with communications.
- Proactively cultivate media and in-house contacts.
- Press duty at performances and special events; monitor photographers and television crews at events, as needed.
- Provide regular, weekly written updates to team regarding ongoing projects and tasks.
- 8 - 10 years of experience in communications within the arts, entertainment industry and/or not-for-profit sector; or, extensive experience working in an industry or institution that presents similar complexities and challenges.
- Results-oriented with a successful track record in managing and executing media campaigns across all channels, including social media and digital.
- Strong knowledge of and experience in publicity of the performing arts with excellent contacts.
- Excellent people management skills and a track record of interdepartmental collaboration.
- Excellent understanding of various components that comprise the performing arts world.
- Superb writing and verbal communication skills.
- Proven track record with news media/event-oriented media, highly desirable.
- Ability to work in deadline-oriented, multi-tasking and team environment essential.
- Bachelor's degree or equivalent combination of education and experience.
Please submit a resume and cover letter (with salary requirements and outlining your interest in Lincoln Center) to the email@example.com inbox. Submissions without cover letters will not be reviewed.
Please list: Director of Communications in the subject line.
Internal Candidates should contact a member of the Human Resources Department directly.
Lincoln Center is an equal opportunity employer.