Feb 1, 2017
REPORTS TO: Executive Director
SUPERVISES: Operations staff (Manager, Coordinator, Assistant, and Interns)
JOB SUMMARY: The Operations Director is responsible for scheduling and executing all activities associated with YOSA programs, and that all activities (concerts, rehearsals, tours, special events) are run smoothly, effectively, and in a financially responsible manner. The Operations Director also functions as a liaison between the young musicians and parents and the rest of the organization.
JOB DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES:
Operations Department Management
• Monitor the work of the Operations Manager, Operations Coordinator, Operations Assistant, and any Operations Interns.
• Maintain and implement program policies.
• Review, prepare, and submit Operations Department reports to the Executive Director.
• Liaise with YOSA musicians and parents.
• Liaise with the Music Programs Committee of the Board.
• Liaise with professional musicians and music educators.
Scheduling and Planning
• Prepare the organization’s master schedule, maintaining a 12- to 18-month lead.
• Prepare contracts for facility rental, contracted faculty, guest artists, etc.
• Primary contact for YOSA Invitational, coordinating all logistics for multi-day festival performances.
• Work closely with Executive Director, Music Director, and other designated staff in long-range planning for the organization; prepare budget projections as needed.
• Preserve appropriate cost controls while maintaining artistic integrity.
• Manage procurement of supplies, licenses, equipment, and services for operational purposes.
• Produce statistical reports relating to program activities and other information as requested by the board and the grant writing staff.
• Become fluent in technologies used by YOSA operations staff, including but not limited to: Constant Contact, SetMore, FormAssembly, PaySimple, Salesforce, Bandcamp, WordPress, and PayPal.
• Assist in coordinating activities of Development, Marketing, and Public Relations departments for special projects involving use of venues, stage crew, and/or orchestra musicians.
• Perform other duties as assigned by the Executive Director.
REQUIREMENTS: The successful candidate shall have a bachelor’s degree or equivalent and at least 3 years of orchestra operations related experience with increasing responsibilities. The successful candidate shall have proven experience managing a team. This position requires the following qualities: integrity, a commitment to an extremely high level of customer service, confidentiality, self-starter mentality, the ability to multi-task and prioritize effectively, excellent written, verbal, and interpersonal skills, fanatical attention to detail, ability to interact effectively with diverse constituencies, and skills in budgeting. Some overtime will be expected – evenings / weekends and team lifting of heavy objects. In-depth knowledge of symphonic music and music education as well as proficiency in Microsoft Office is essential.
Compensation: Salary commensurate with experience. Excellent employee benefits package.
Please submit ALL of the following materials:
1. Cover letter
3. Salary history
4. List of references
To: Brandon Henson, Executive Director, via email (email@example.com)
Additional Information: Download